FOOD!

Like most men, I like food. Like most bikers, I like proper* food. I know there’s a big debate about organic foods and budget food, eating meat and all this processed microwave stuff. There’s been a lot of programs from these celebrity chefs, doing this that and the other, making fancy food, that may taste good (I don’t know if it does or not) but the portions are rubbish and value aesthetics over proper* food.

However there is one who has caught my eye, and that’s Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall (sp). That’s because the finished product resembles the food that I cook. Whether it tastes as good is another question.

Another thing that appeals to me is the way that he takes the food from the very beginning from the land, and puts it through the an amazing process to create what I call proper food. To me this is the way food has always been prepared through history and is the way of the future.

The more people who begin to realise the effects of modern living is having on their health and wellbeing, the more people will start to embrace this way of living and producing food. For me the comeback of the fresh fruit and veg stall and local butcher is gathering pace, and I for sure am changing my life to incorporate more of this proper* food

*Stew + Dumplings, Pie + Peas, Fish + Chips, Roast Dinners etc

No comments:

Post a Comment